Low Dose and Low Dose-rate Irradiation System
- Cs-137 Gamma-ray source and estimated dose rate
(a*X-n microGy/min at X m, 1.3 ≤ X ≤ 12)
- Dose rate at site is also determined by glass dosimeter.
- Programmable variable dose rate during exposure (maximum stroke is 12 m).
- Irradiation room is controlled for temperature and clean air-flow, and available for long-term irradiation of cultured cells and small animals.
- For energy distribution of gamma-rays in the field, see SPECTRUM.
- Reference: RBC Newsletter No. 75 (1996) and No. 101 (2002).
Cs-137 Gammacell 40 Exactor
High dose-rate gamma-ray irradiator equipped with Cs-137 gamma-source
- Cs-137 133.2 TBq
- Four different dose-rates are available by aplying attenuators.
|Attenuator||Dose rate (updated 2001.05.01)|
- For details, see DOSERATE.
High Dose-rate Orthovoltage X-ray Irradiator
Radioflex 350 (Rigaku)
- X-ray tube:
metalceramic with Be window.
- Tube voltage:
50-350 kV (variable).
- Tube current:
6-20 mA (variable).
- Maximum output:
- For dose rate, see DOSERATE.
Rad. Biol. Res. Comm., 22:29-35, 1987.
50 kV orthovoltage soft-X irradiator, SOFTEX CMBW-2, is also available.
- Nominal output:
60 kV, 30 mA.
Alpha-particle Irradiator (MSC-AM-1)
Am-241 alpha-particle generating system.
Am-241 (37 MBq) matrix (35mm diameter, 1um thick) backed with plastic plate (2mm thick)
- Flight tube:
Filled with He gas (flow rate: 2 litter/min).
- Culture dish:
Stailess steel (35mm diameter) with bottom of Myler film (1.5 um thick).
- Dose rate:
Variable with the FSD (20mm – 90 mm). PC program is available for fluence rate, LET distribution and dose rate at the entrance and exit of the cells (the thickness of the cells is needed for calculation).
- For energy, LET and dose rate, see ENERGY or LET or DOSE.
RBC Newsletter No. 73, 1995.
Following sequencers are available.
- ABI PRISM® 3100-Avant Genetic Analyzer